Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Facilities Technician to join our Facilities team in Cypress, CA. This position is responsible for supporting all internal customers with every aspect of facility maintenance and to fulfill the goal of maintaining the facility in a professional appearance at all times.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in the preventative maintenance program to include but not limited to lubricating, adjusting and performing upkeep of all equipment, machinery, hardware, air conditioning systems and electrical systems. Labeling of all electrical circuits, switches, outlets and electrical panels. Insure all interior and exterior lighting is operational including emergency and exit sign lighting.
- Perform unscheduled maintenance and repairs to include but not limited to unclogging of drains, repairing leaks and plumbing and related issues. Repair all hardware, equipment, locking mechanisms, doors, furniture and all mechanical & non-mechanical and electrical items.
- Develop and/or maintain work order, service logs, equipment life cycle system, equipment manuals and key issuance system.
- Perform partition and office moves including relocation of personnel, furniture, filing cabinets, desks, etc. Assembly, disassembly and repair of cubicles, workstations and furniture.
- Always perform required repairs to and maintenance for site to include all interior and exterior areas to maintain a professional appearance.
- Assist in remodeling and in new construction activities to include but not limited to building walls, installing & finishing drywall, installing doors/frames, installing electrical outlets & electrical panels, plumbing, hardware, flooring, carpeting and painting.
- Assist employees with requests related to Facility Services
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school graduate with excellent working knowledge of building and facility maintenance functions.
- Must have minimum 3 years hands-on experience working in a live facility maintenance environment.
- Must be able to read and understand building drawings, i.e., electrical, plumbing, mechanical, etc…
- Must have extensive prior experience using hand & power tools and pertinent test equipment, i.e., carpentry, electrical, plumbing, tracing equipment, etc…
- Ability to make technical and troubleshooting decisions with minimal or no input from management.
- Able to multi-task and have ability to work in a constantly priority shifting environment.
- Able to work well with internal and external customers and interact across organization from operator level to management.
- Must be able to follow written and oral directions and also be able to communicate well with others orally and in writing.
- Able to work overtime and weekends as required and approved by management.
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel) preferred.
- Forklift experience preferred but not required.
- Must have valid driver’s license
Reports to: Facilities National Manager.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Click HERE to apply