Facilities Construction Project Manager
Oct 3, 2019
Location: El Segundo, CA, US, 90245
Company: The Aerospace Corporation
Requisition ID: 45749
El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
We are seeking a dynamic Facilities Construction Project Manager (known as “Facilities Construction Staff IV” at The Aerospace Corporation) to be responsible for coordination and project management of facilities construction projects in a busy corporate environment. Project sizes range from thousands to multi-million dollars in value. Projects include renovation of offices and laboratories. The project manager will be responsible for complete turnkey project management of multiple concurrent projects. Projects must be completed on schedule within budget, while maintaining quality and a high level of customer satisfaction and minimal disruption.
Establish project scope:
- Interfaces with multiple customers and stakeholders to establish multiple and concurrent project scopes, schedules, budgets.
- Assists with obtaining project funding approvals
- Assists the Design and Engineering team in the development of space planning, preliminary design, construction documents in compliance with applicable codes, regulations.
- Reviews drawings and specifications for conformance with company standards and code requirements.
- Coordinates and reviews the work of architectural and engineering consultants for constructability.
- Provides assistance with city plan check and permit process
- Develops Scopes of Work for Construction and performs role as technical representative for procurement during the contractor selection process.
- Creates and processes purchase requisitions and construction change orders.
Project construction administration:
- Ensures ongoing work conforms to all environmental health, safety, security, traffic routing, and housekeeping requirements.
- Conducts job-walks/orientations, requests for information (RFI’s), reviews submittals, submits bid evaluations, reviews contractor payment applications, conducts punch walks.
- Ensures proper signage/notification and coordination of construction activities to ensure project completion with minimal disruption/disturbance on an active campus.
- Field verifies construction work conforms to project requirements, drawings, specifications, and the contract for construction.
- Maintains project “Expected at Completion” cash flow and status reports.
- Prepares ongoing cost estimates and analysis of change orders.
- Reviews and ensures completeness of project close-out packages/documentation.
For more info and to apply visit the website: