Facilities Capital Project Specialist
Sep 11, 2019
Location: El Segundo, CA, US, 90245
Company: The Aerospace Corporation
Requisition ID: 46141
El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Facilities Planning manages the allocation of all Aerospace owned and leased space including all personnel locations and changes within that space. Requests for additional space or change of usage is handled through this department. Space planning is also responsible for employee head counts and updates our internal systems on a daily basis. Facilities Planning evaluates, monitors and forecasts the maintenance of all buildings and infrastructure and manages Aerospace’s Sustainability & Energy Management (SEM) and Business Continuity programs.
The Facilities Planning specialist is responsible for various aspects of corporate facilities planning, such as development of 5-10 year facilities plans, space management plans, major project and infrastructure renewal plans, business continuity plans, move plans, and energy management/sustainability plans.
Collect, vet, formalize and track potential facilities projects for Aerospace Corporation owned and leased buildings (12 locations nationwide, approx. 40 buildings, 2.1 million sf).
- Manage short and long-term budget forecasting of facilities projects
- Meet with requestors to determine the need, scope and funding of facilities projects
- Work with Facilities Planning, Design & Construction to finalize scope, schedule and budget
- Assure that requests are complete with cost estimate, schedule and proper justification/business case
- Prioritize facilities projects as determined by objective project scoring, available budget and overall corporate goals
- Arrange all facilities projects by dollar type, construction/work type, location, etc.
- Maintain the facilities project database, including approval flow, cost and schedule
- Analyze and track forecasted costs vs actual project costs to derive pertinent metrics
For more info and to apply visit: