Facilities Building Electrical Engineer
Oct 3, 2019
El Segundo, CA, US, 90245
The Aerospace Corporation
Requisition ID: 46883
El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Facilities Building Electrical Engineer will manage the design process of new and remodel construction and infrastructure renewal projects for The Aerospace Corporation. The Electrical Engineer will develop conceptual design and associated cost estimates, develop scopes of work and manage outside consultants required to complete the project scope within budget and defined schedule. Project designs shall include minor and major building remodels consisting of Electronic Laboratories, Clean Rooms, Computer Rooms, Collaboration and Conference Areas, Offices, and Kitchens and infrastructure renewal projects, including Campus Electrical Loop, Campus and Building Substations and Panel Replacements.
- Establish initial scope, schedule, and budget for major electrical infrastructure renewal and remodel projects.
- Prepare design and engineering Statements of Work (SOW) for obtaining proposals from outside designers and manage design consultants to deliver the project within budget and schedule.
- QA design documents from outside designers for compliance with SOW’s, company standards and code compliance.
- Coordinate the plan check approval process with the Local Jurisdiction.
- Work with Facilities Maintenance and the design team to create and maintain company electrical standards.
- Provide technical expertise to support Construction Project Managers during construction of projects, including periodic site visits for verification of compliance with contract documents, codes and standards.
- Coordinate design project scopes with Construction Managers and internal architectural and mechanical engineer team members.
- Develop life cycle cost analysis in major equipment and infrastructure renewal projects.
For more info and to apply: