IFMA FMP - Leadership and Strategy
APRIL 23 - 24, 2020
COURSE DURATION: 2 days (Thursday - Friday), 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
INSTRUCTOR: Phyllis Meng, CFM, SFP, IFM Fellow
Leadership and strategy are tool sets that facility managers can use as appropriate to augment all FM activities. These activities include project management, operations and maintenance and finance and business. Facility managers serve in two leadership roles:
- First, they must lead the FM organization by providing guidance to staff and service providers.
- Second, they must influence the decisions and attitudes of the organization’s leaders, occupants, government officials, suppliers, community leaders and business partners. To be effective in both roles, facility managers must develop strategies to successfully carry out major initiatives and influence the decisions and attitudes of others. Effective strategies require facility managers to be able to integrate people, place and process. They must be able to align the facility portfolio and functionality with its organization’s missions and available resources. They must also be innovative in order to move forward with their staff and processes to respond to the ever-changing requirements.
After you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Apply the appropriate tools and requirements to complete the inputs, processes and outputs in creating a strategic plan.
- Apply leadership theories, change management and communication planning to the FM role.
- Apply leadership best practices when managing people within the FM organization.
- Manage compliance with organizational policies and procedures through facility management leadership