IFMA - Project Management Competency Course
(Required for FMP Designation)
SEPTEMBER 10 - 11, 2020
COURSE DURATION: 2 days (Thursday and Friday), 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
According to the IFMA GJTA:
Facility managers play a major role on all aspects of project management beginning with planning, scoping, scheduling and evaluating. Project planning and management are core skills in FM. The skills are particularly important because of the wide range of projects assigned to the FM organization. Projects vary in scope, complexity, duration and financial risk.
Facility managers’ project roles involve planning organizing, delegating, monitoring and controlling projects and ensuring that the interests of the FM organization and its customers are represented throughout the life-cycle of a project. However, a facility manager’s role may vary depending on the specifics of the project and his or her capabilities and availability.
Common roles for facility managers include:
- Being the project manager.
- Delegating work to a project manager and being accountable for results.
- Being a team member on a project. For example, a different business unit’s project or a project for its organization. The course includes information on what makes a good project manager and how facility managers determine their optimal role on a given project.
After you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the common projects in facility management, the role of the facility manager and project manager in projects and the different project management processes and models.
- Explain the inputs, processes and outputs related to:
- The Initiate phase of a project.
- The Plan phase of a project.
- Acquiring a team and resources and executing and controlling a project.
- Accepting deliverables, closing contracts and the project and evaluating outcomes
IFMA - FM Learning System and CFM Review
OCTOBER 21 - 23, 2020
COURSE DURATION: 3 days (Wednesday - Friday), 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
INSTRUCTOR: Phyllis Meng, CFM, SFP, IFMA Fellow
OCTOBER 21-23, 2020
The IFMA FM Learning System™ is a premier quality review course designed to meet the needs of professionals and organizations. It is developed based on input and guidance from a wide spectrum of facility management subject-matter experts and leaders. This coursewill provide you with the tools necessary to learn the updated FM body of knowledge as well as help you prepare for the CFM Exam with emphasis on the competencies of Real Estate, Finance and Business, and Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability.
The IFMA FM Learning System (FMLS) is a preferred source for CFM Exam preparation. In addition to preparing professionals for the CFM Exam, the Learning System is an excellent professional development tool and an indispensable on-the-job resource.
The IFMA Facility Management Learning System™ is a certification preparation program and is not a substitute for the CFM certification examination. Completing this program does not entitle the users to present themselves as CFMs, or to use the CFM designation. The only way to earn the Certified Facility Manager certification is to apply for and pass the CFM Exam. If you wish to take the CFM Exam, you must submit an application form and separate exam fee through IFMA.
CFM Review: The Certified Facility Manager® (CFM) credential sets the industry standard for ensuring the knowledge and competence of practicing facility managers as the most respected global credential in facility management. The CFM Exam is competency-based, testing what a person can do compared to standards that define the practice of facility management. In addition, the CFM is the only global facility management certification available.
IFMA’s certification process is designed to assess competency in the field through work experience, education and the ability to pass a comprehensive exam that covers 11 competencies that make up the facility management body of knowledge. This course will discuss the intricacies of taking the exam and is not to be considered a review of exam material.